Juan Pollo chicken is one of the most popular Mexican-style dishes in the United States. And, luckily for you, we have some of the best Juan Pollo recipes, too!
This guide will explore some of the popular recipes from the restaurant. From their famous chicken to their side dishes, we’ll cover all the bases. So, whether you’re looking to make a homemade version of your favorite dish or just want to learn more about the ingredients used, read on!
If you’re looking for the best Juan Pollo recipes to try at home, look no further. Here are five of our favorites. So, what are you waiting for? Get cooking!
Table of Contents
- 1 The 5 Juan Pollo Recipes
- 1.1 1. Juan Pollo Chicken Copycat Recipe
- 1.2 2. Juan Pollo Potato Salad Recipe
- 1.3 3. Juan Pollo Beans Recipe
- 1.4 4. Juan Pollo Rice Recipe
- 1.5 5. Juan Pollo Chicken Marinade Recipe
- 2 Ending word
The 5 Juan Pollo Recipes
1. Juan Pollo Chicken Copycat Recipe
For those who want to make chicken at home, this is one of the most valuable recipes. This dish combines potato salad with smoky chicken pieces. The combination of flavors and textures is impressive, and it’s a great meal to serve to friends and family. It adds a different flavor to every dish. Hence, this recipe is also called the Juan Pollo Chicken Copycat Recipe. It’s one of the restaurant’s top-sellers, and it’s sure to be a favorite in your home, too!
- 1 cup boneless skinless chicken
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 3-4 medium-sized potatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cup chopped cucumbers
- ½ teaspoon salt and pepper
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup olive oil, as needed
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- Put the potatoes in a bowl and microwave them for 20 minutes on high. Remove them from the microwave and cool them down. Add salt and pepper to the potato slices, then mash them up with a potato masher until they are half-mashed and almost smooth. Set aside.
- Chop the cucumbers and hard-boiled eggs into small pieces. Place them in a bowl, then add the mayonnaise, salt, and pepper, and mix them together until they are well combined.
- Heat up a pan to medium heat, then add the olive oil to it. Season the chicken pieces with cumin and black pepper, then fry them up for about 2 minutes per side until browned all around. The chicken juices should run clear when cut into with a fork after cooking is finished.
- To assemble, add mashed potatoes to a plate and top it with some chicken pieces on top of them. Place the green beans on top of the chicken pieces. Drizzle with some of the mayonnaise sauce and garnish with fresh cilantro.
- A delicious chicken and potato salad is ready to serve!
2. Juan Pollo Potato Salad Recipe
Some people just want a great potato salad recipe. There are many variations of this dish, but we’re presenting the classic version that you’ll find at the restaurant. The combination of potato and mayonnaise on top of a bed of lettuce is surprisingly refreshing and delicious. It can be served as a side dish or even as a meal.
- 2 cups of boiled potatoes (chopped)
- ½ red onion (diced)
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley (finely chopped)
- ¼ cup white vinegar, as needed (to taste)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Put the chopped potatoes in a bowl and microwave them for 20 minutes on high. Remove them from the microwave and cool them down. Then keep it on the serving plate.
- In a large bowl, combine red onion, parsley, vinegar, mayonnaise, and cream. Season with salt and pepper, then mix everything together until it’s well combined and soft.
- After mixing all of the ingredients, pour the mixture over the potatoes in a salad bowl and top with lettuce leaves.
- Enjoy your potato salad!
3. Juan Pollo Beans Recipe
Beans of all kinds are some of the most well-known side dishes. These Juan Pollo beans are made with a mix of vegetables, spices, and more. They’re so easy to make that you can do it in your home. They’re also one of the restaurant’s most popular recipes and can be a great addition to any meal.
- 3 cups dried pinto beans
- 2 cubes chicken bouillon
- 2 medium white onion
- 7 cups of water
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper (as per taste)
- Rinse and cook the pinto beans in boiling water for 45 minutes. Drain them and set them aside.
- In a large pot, boil the chicken bouillon cubes in water, then add the onion and boil the mixture until it’s soft. Now add the cooked pinto beans to it. Season it with salt and pepper, then mix everything together by using a fork.
- Add minced garlic to the mixture and mix everything together. Drizzle the cumin over it, then mix everything together with a fork.
4. Juan Pollo Rice Recipe
Rice is another useful side dish option. It’s a great complement to any meal and combines many different types of flavors. This rice recipe is topped with chicken, black beans, and corn, which makes it a popular choice at the restaurant. It’s one of the restaurant’s most popular recipes, too!
- 1 whole chicken, seasoned, sliced into two parts
- 2 tbsp cumin
- 1 cup olive oil, extra virgin
- 3 tbsp garlic cloves, ground
- 2 tbsp garlic salt
- Season the chicken and marinate it for 15 to 20 minutes.
- 4 cups rice
- 2 tbsp capers
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp chicken base
- 1 cup sliced small onions
- 1/2 cup small green peppers (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup cilantro (finely chopped)
- 1/4 cup small red peppers (finely chopped)
- 3 tbsp cumin
- Salt and pepper (as per taste)
- Heat oil and fry the chicken until it turns golden brown on both sides. Set aside
- In the same oil, sauté onions, garlic, and green peppers until they are half cooked. Add rice to them and continue cooking for another 5 minutes.
- After that, add water and chicken base to it. Allow it to boil for 10 minutes or until it is incorporated into the mixture. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Now add sliced red peppers, cilantro, and capers to it. Cook for another 10 minutes.
- Put the chicken in the center of the mixture and cook it in a 350°F oven until the chicken is tender and fully cooked.
- Now remove the dish from the oven, drizzle it with olive oil, paprika and cumin, then serve it up.
- Serve the rice with the chicken. Enjoy!
5. Juan Pollo Chicken Marinade Recipe
Juan Pollo marinade is made of the same type of special spices that the restaurant uses. You can combine it with chicken breast or other types of meat, like steak. It has a delicious blend of flavors that’s not too overpowering but lets you taste all the different ingredients. These can be cooked in the oven or on the grill for more flavor and an added texture layer.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 tsp salt (or as per taste)
- 1 1/2 tsp pepper (or as per taste)
- 1 tbsp paprika powder
- In a smaller bowl, mix all of the ingredients together, then rub them onto both sides of the chicken. Allow it to sit on the chicken for at least 30 minutes.
- Then get your grill up to medium heat and cook the chicken on a low-heat grill for 20 minutes, or until it reaches 165°F. Keep an eye on it so you don’t overcook it.
- Preheat your oven to 400°F. Place the chicken on a baking sheet, then cook it in the oven until it has reached an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Serve with Juan Pollo rice and beans. Enjoy!
These Juan Pollo recipes are among the most popular Mexican-style dishes. Having a few recipes in your cooking repertoire not only makes you a better cook, but can also help you get more use out of all of your ingredients. The restaurant’s cooking techniques and methods are sure to be worth adding to your own recipe collection.
If you try anything from the above recipe, we’d love to hear which one is your favorite. Just leave us a comment on the site. Happy Recipe!
Read more on:
- Miracle Weight Loss Drink Recipe: Way To Burn Fat
- 10 Weight Loss Drink Recipes – Best Homemade Drinks for Burn Fat
- Air Fryer For Keto: A Detailed Guide for Beginners
- Tempura Cheesecake Recipe
- Hawaiian Plantain Recipe and Benefits
- Hawaiian Plantain Recipe and Benefits
- Twisted Tea Nutrition Facts – A Detailed Guide