Baked Talaba recipe is a popular Filipino appetizer. Talaba means oyster in the Filipino language. Baking oysters is one of the best ways to cook tasty, fresh, and inexpensive oysters. It is also a very easy way to prepare this seafood dish, as it requires very little preparation time, and you can find almost all the ingredients in your pantry.
Did you know that Talaba is also called oyster in Filipino? True, this is one of our popular dishes that is usually prepared using oysters.
Table of Contents
Baked Talaba Recipe
These baked oysters are a great treat and appetizer for your family, especially on Christmas Eve. But don’t forget that this Baked Talaba Recipe will also be enjoyed on special occasions such as birthdays and parties.
I will show you how to cook a baked Talaba recipe that is quite a fun way to cook oysters. This recipe is included in my seafood recipe collection, which contains different Filipino seafood recipes that everyone would love.
One thing about this baked oyster recipe is its simplicity. You can prepare this in just 30 minutes! All you need are oysters, garlic, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper and any other spices you may have. The rest of the ingredients that you need are onion, butter, and cheese.
For the spices, you can easily choose what suits your taste best. You can choose to add other spices such as paprika and chili powder.
You will also need a baking dish or deep pan to bake Talaba properly. Most of the ingredients can be found in your kitchen pantry. So, you can try out this oyster recipe!
Ingredients you need
- 6 fresh oysters (retain half shell)
- 1 garlic clove (finely chopped)
- 2 tbsp butter (cut into small pieces)
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup cheese (cut into small pieces) for the filling
- salt and pepper to taste (or any other spices of your choice)
Directions to cook
- First, preheat the oven to 350ºF (175°C).
- Deeply clean the oysters with a brush or scrubber. Drain the water and place it aside.
- Place the cleaned oysters on a baking pan or dish. Pour boiling water over the oysters. Then drain the water once again.
- This is the important part of the composition. To make the garlic butter, add the butter to a pan on medium heat until it melts.
- Then, add minced garlic to the pan. Let it saute for a minute or so until the color turns golden brown.
- Now, top each oyster with garlic butter and then cover them with a plentiful amount of shredded cheese and breadcrumbs.
- Put the baking dish in the oven. Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly golden brown in color (when you remove it from the oven).
- Finally, the fresh hot-baked Talaba is ready to serve with whatever you want. Enjoy!
Per serving (1 Oyster)
- Calories: 164
- Carbohydrates: 10
- Fats: 10
- Protein: 18
How to serve Baked Talaba Recipe
To enjoy this oyster recipe, first remove the oyster from the baking pan. Place it on a platter and garnish with finely chopped onion and parsley.
Go ahead and serve Talaba as an appetizer to your guests. You can also make Talaba your main dish, along with boiled rice, egg and calamansi for side dishes.
How to store cooked oysters
Oysters are usually cooked right before being eaten. However, if they’ve been cooked to the point where they’re already cool, they can be frozen and stored in airtight box. It should be frozen within 2 hours after cooked. The canned oysters will last in the freezer up to four days.
Quite easy and simple way to cook this oyster recipe. No hassle at all. Just follow the simple steps and you can make this baked Talaba recipe by yourself.
This Talaba Recipe is another favorite food of our family during special occasions, especially on Christmas Eve or other holidays. I hope that you will try this baked Talaba recipe for your family gatherings and parties too.
What’s your take on Baked Talaba Recipe? Share in the comment section below! Don’t forget to share this article if you think others would also enjoy this oyster’s recipe. 🙂 🙂
Read more on:
- Brenda Gantt Green Bean Casserole Recipe
- Top 5 Juan Pollo Recipes – The Best Mexican Food
- Fancy Nancy Chicken Salad Recipe
- Tempura Cheesecake Recipe
- Hawaiian Plantain Recipe and Benefits
- Trisha Yearwood’s Squash Casserole Recipe
- 10 Weight Loss Drink Recipes – Best Homemade Drinks for Burn Fat
- Miracle Weight Loss Drink Recipe: Way To Burn Fat